This time in my travels I did not pack any cookbooks (too heavy!) and relied more on my website and email collection of recipes. I found this recipe on my old google group recipe site and gave it a try. Was a great dinner with rice which I shared with Mom.
Boneless Pork Chops with Mushrooms and Zucchini
By November 18, 2017Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
This time in my travels I did not pack any cookbooks (too heavy!) and relied more on my website and email collection of recipes. I …
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (5 ounces each) boneless center-cut pork loin cutlets
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium zucchini diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind finely grated
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Season pork cutlets with salt and pepper and place in skillet. Leave untouched for 4 to 5 minutes, until one side browns quite well, then turn with tongs. Cook for another 4 to 5 minutes until well browned. Transfer pork to a plate and tent with aluminum foil.
- Add onion, zucchini and mushrooms to pan and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and lemon zest. Raise the heat to medium high and add chicken broth. Scrape up any browned bits on the skillet's bottom, bring to a simmer, and reduce the liquid by half. This should take about 5 minutes. Whisk in butter.
- Reduce heat to medium, return pork and accumulated juices to pan, and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the side of one of the cutlets registers 160 degrees. Season sauce with salt and pepper before serving.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress