My roommate really like rhubarb. Me, not so much. But this recipe sounded good and it is good. Big hit when we first made it. Lots of requests for recipes.
Rhubarb Fruit Salad
By May 15, 2016Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
First time I made this salad, because I was making a large quantity (4x recipe), I used both honeydew and cantaloupe. The rhubarb sauce is very tasty and pretty. Strawberries were on sale so used them too.
- 3 cups rhubarb thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 1 1/2 cups red or green grapes halved
- 1 1/2 cups honeydew or cantaloupe melon balls
- 1 1/2 cups mango or strawberries diced or sliced
- Bring rhubarb, honey and Grand Marnier (or Cointreau) to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the rhubarb is just beginning to break down, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate for about 15 minutes to cool.
- Stir grapes, melon, and mango (or strawberries) into the rhubarb mixture. Serve or return to the refrigerator to chill.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress