Original recipe from eating well. It called for mixing eggs with egg whites and using skim milk to be healthier. Since I had leftover cream and lots of eggs to use up, took this recipe in a less healthy direction. This is my version of the recipe.
Ham, Asparagus and Cheese Casserole
By May 15, 2016Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
Original recipe from eating well. It called for mixing eggs with egg whites and using skim milk to be healthier. Since I had …
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk or milk/cream combo
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cups asparagus chopped into bite sized pieces
- 4 cups whole grain bread cut into cube (about 4 to 6 slices)
- 1 cup ham diced
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers from jar, chopped
- 3/4 cup Swiss cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat 7 x 11 inch glass baking dish or a 2 quarter casserole with cooking spray.
- Whisk eggs and milk in bowl. Add mustard, rosemary and pepper; whisk to combine. Toss in asparagus, bread cubes, ham and peppers. Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake until the custard has set, 40 to 45 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle the cheese and continue baking until the pudding is puffed and golden on top, 15 to 20 minutes more. Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress