This is the classic, time-tested, family-favorite whoopie pie recipe.
By November 23, 2012Published:
- Yield: 12-15 Servings
Chocolate cake with yummy creamy filling.
- Chocolate Cookie:
- 2 cups flour, unsifted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa, unsweetened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Creamy Filling:
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 cups confectionery sugar
- 6 heaping tsp marshmallow fluff
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl with mixer.
- Add egg, milk, cooking oil, and vanilla to dry ingredients and beat until well blended.
- Drop from teaspoon onto a lightly
greased cookie sheet, leaving plenty of space between. Try to drop
the same amount each time, so the cookies will be the same size when
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees. (Test with toothpick at 10 minutes. They burn easily.)
- While cookies are baking, make the filling. Beat the butter, sugar, marshmallow fluff and vanilla well with hand mixer.
- When cooked have cooled for 5 minutes, remove from cookie sheet. Let cool on racks another 10 minutes or more.
- Then spread filling with knife on
one cookie and put another cookie on top like a sandwich. Or use plastic bag with corner cut out like a pastry bag and squirt the filling on cookies.
- Wrapping each Whoopie Pie individually with plastic wrap helps them stay fresh
- Note: Filling recipe is double from the original recipe my mom had but I find they are lots better this way.
- Also note: Lightly grease even non-stick cookies sheets so cookies can be removed easily. But don't over do it or the cookie batter will spread
out and you'll just get one big square cookie!
- Course: Dessert
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress