Glazed Lemon-Blueberry Loaf
By March 3, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 loaf
- Prep: 15 mins
From a Betty Crocker Facebook post last year. My coworker made this and it was yummy. The dori-tini of brunch breads.
- 1/2 Cup Butter Softened
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tsp vanilla
- 1 Cup Sour cream Or plain yogurt
- 1 Lemon Grated peel and juice
- 2 Cups flour
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Cup Blueberries Fresh
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tsp Whipping cream Or milk
- 1 Tsp Lemon extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom only of 9x5-inch loaf pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, beat butter and granulated sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in eggs, vanilla, sour cream, lemon peel and juice. Stir in flour, baking soda and baking powder. Fold in 3/4 cup of the blueberries. Spoon batter into pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of blueberries on top.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- In small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle glaze over loaf. Let stand until until set before slicing.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress