From the New York Times. Doesn’t include pie crust recipe. Would it be really bad of me to just buy a pie crust?
“This pie is a delicious twist on a custard standby, and it is exceedingly easy, a humble yet grandly flavored addition to any celebration. Don’t let making your own pie crust intimidate you: our pie guide has everything you need to know.
Nutmeg-Maple Cream Pie
By November 15, 2015Published:
- Yield: 1 pie
From the New York Times. Doesn't include pie crust recipe. Would it be really bad of me to just buy a pie crust? "This pie is a …
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 egg whole
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 9 inch pie crust pre-baked
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, reduce maple syrup by a quarter, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in cream and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks and egg. Whisking constantly, slowly add cream mixture to eggs. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a cup or bowl with pouring spout. Stir in salt, nutmeg and vanilla.
- Pour filling into crust and transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until pie is firm to touch but jiggles slightly when moved, about 1 hour. Let cool to room temperature before serving.
- Course: Dessert
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress