From allrecipes.com, recipe by Stef. She notes:
“My father made this while I was growing up on the holidays for family who didn’t like turkey or ham. It’s become a staple in my holiday dinners as well. I have never served it to someone who didn’t love it and beg for the family recipe after. We always make two and freeze one for later! It is excellent pair with a side of grilled asparagus.”
Update: Made this for Xmas day brunch and it was a big hit. Too much Salmon if you use the whole can though. Next time I’d split one can between two pies.
By December 23, 2015Published:
- Yield: 1 pie
From allrecipes.com, recipe by Stef. She notes: "My father made this while I was growing up on the holidays for family who didn't …
- 1 8 oz package Cheddar cheese cubed
- 1/4 onion diced
- 4 eggs
- 1 12 fl oz can evaporated milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 pinch dried parsley
- 1 pinch dried sage
- 1 14.75 oz can salmon drained, flaked and bones removed
- 1 9 inch frozen pie crust
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place 8 ounces of cubed cheddar cheese, onion eggs, and evaporated milk into a blender. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, and sage, then blend until smooth. Spread salmon over the pie crust. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese then pour the egg mixture on top. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress