This is from my Portuguese Cooking cookbook which has great pictures. I made these many years ago and they were yummy. I think making with pears would be good too. I just saw a wine soaked pear recipe online and that’s what reminded me of this one.
Peaches in Red Wine
By October 15, 2016Published:
- Yield: serves 6
In Portuguese, Pessago com vinho. This is from my Portuguese Cooking cookbook which has great pictures. I made these many years …
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour boiling water over the peaches and leave for about 30-60 seconds; then remove with a perforated spoon and slip of skins. If the skins are stubborn, return the peaches briefly to the water.
- Put the peaches into a baking dish which they just fit, tuck the cinnamon stick in between them and pour enough wine to cover them. Sprinkle over the sugar and bake for 40 to 50 minutes until the peaches are tender.
- Remove from the oven, discard the cinnamon tick, turn the peaches over and leave to cool in the wine, turning once or twice more.
- Serve dusted lightly with ground cinnamon.
- Course: Dessert
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress