From Elysian Brewery, Seattle. There link is here: http://www.elysianbrewing.com/holiday-stout-cookies/
Holiday Stout Cookies
By December 26, 2014Published:
- Yield: 2 doz cookies
SWEET AND SAVORY DRAGONSTOOTH STOUT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoons cocoa, dark
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup Butter room temp
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 6 ounces Dragonstooth Stout or other Stout
- 1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Butter
- pinch salt
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powders, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat softened butter with sugars. Add vanilla and egg. Beat to combine. Slowly add flour mixture and Dragonstooth Stout. Beat until all mixtures are combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Chill dough in the fridge for 15 minutes, or until dough is firm.
- Scoop dough onto prepared baking sheets (about 2 inches apart). Bake at 350°F for 15-17 minutes.
- Cool for 2-3 minutes and transfer to a wire wrack to cool completely.
- SALTED CARAMEL FROSTING:
In a medium saucepan, melt butter, salt and brown sugar over medium heat, stirring to combine. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently. Simmer for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in heavy cream. Cool 5-10 minutes.
- Mix in 1 cup powdered sugar. Whisk briskly until smooth. If needed, add additional powdered sugar (1 tablespoon at a time) until frosting is firm.
Cookies must be completely cool before frosting. Spread warm frosting over cookies. Enjoy!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress