Made a delicious cake. Filled with Blueberry Cream filling, which is just the normal filling with two or three tablespoons of blueberry syrup added. Of course, hand mixer worked fine on these.
By December 10, 2012Published:
- Yield: About 48 cakes
Made a delicious cake. Filled with Blueberry Cream filling, which is just the normal filling with two or three tablespoons of …
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temp
- 4 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 zest from lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt onto a sheet of waxed paper.
- In the work bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the butter, shortening, and both sugars until light and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs and the buttermilk and beat until combined.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla and beat on medium for about 2 minutes, until completely combined.
- Add half the flour mixture and beat on low until just incorporated. Add the rest of the flour mixture and beat on low. Increase the speed to medium and beat until combined, about 1 minute.
- Using a spoon, drop about 1 tablespoon of batter onto one of the prepared baking sheets and repeat, spacing them at least 2 inches apart. Bake one sheet at a time for about 12 minutes each or until the cakes begin to brown. remove from the oven and let cool on the sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool completely.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
You must be logged in to post a comment.