I put these two together from the “Whoopie Pies” cookbook by Sarah Billingsley and Amy Treadwell.
I just used a regular hand mixer and it worked fine. Parchment paper made clean up easier.
Jalapeño Cornbread Whoopie with Bacon-Chive Goat Cheese Filling
By November 30, 2012Published:
- Yield: 24 whoopie pies
I put these two together from the "Whoopie Pies" cookbook by Sarah Billingsley and Amy Treadwell. I just used a regular hand …
- Jalapeño Cornbread Whoopie:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter room temp
- 1 large egg
- 2 jalapeño peppers seeded and finely chopped
- Bacon-Chive Goat Cheese Filling:
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 oz soft fresh goat cheese room temp
- 4 oz cream cheese room temp
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives chopped
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, cornmeal, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. In the work bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the buttermilk, butter, and egg on low speed until just combined. Increase speed to medium and beat until thoroughly combined, about 3 minutes. Add the flour mixture and the chopped chilies to the batter and beat on low until just combined.
- Using a spoon, drop about 1 tablespoon of batter onto one of the prepared baking sheets and repeat, spacing them at least 2 inches apart. Bake one sheet at a time for about 12 minutes each or until the cakes begin to brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and let the cakes cool on the sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool completely.
- Makes 48 two-inch cakes.
- Note: Try adding 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar and leaving out the jalapeño. For the filling, spread with chutney and top with a slice of ham for a whoopie lunch.
- Course: Appetizer
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress